Walleye Fishing Tips:
• 10 lbs. test line (due to large pike)
• light to mid action rod
• Orange, pink or white 1/4 oz. Jig-head
• No rubber body. Use half of a worm. Put the worm on like a jig tail with no swivel.
• Cast out and let your jig go to the bottom. Bounce it off the bottom slowly about 6-8 inches off the bottom once every two turns of your reel.
• Fish in 17-30 feet of water depending on water temperature.
Northern Pike Tips:
• Use weedless plugs or lures close to shore or weed beds.
• Most of the time the size or color of the lure does not matter.
• Use a leader or you will lose all your lures. Pike do not hit the back of the lure like a bass. They strike the lure at all angles thus easily bight through the line.
• Rain gear
• Warm and cold weather clothing as weather in the north can be unpredictable
• Extra fishing line
• Cooler for beverages