Bow hunters, please click here
We are lucky to be located in the Gogama Wilderness Region, which is well known for having an extremely high population of big trophy Black Bears. We have over 70 feeding stations, stratigiaclly spread out over many square miles. The feeding stations are 1.5 to 2 miles apart and are accessible by boat, truck and ATV.
The bears in our hunting management area are among the biggest in Ontario. Our guests enjoy an extremely high harvest rate. Sightings are common and most hunters can pass on smaller bears and wait for a big trophy Black Bear to come into range. Guests also see wolves at our feeding stations so if you purchase an attitional small game license, you can take a wolf if the opportunity arrises. We have tree stands but you are welcome to bring your own.
There are some rules / tips rifle hunters should be aware of:
• You can use a 20 gauge with a slug. A 270 or bigger is recommended
• When taking a shot, the bear has to be 65 yards or closer.
• Hunter orange must be worn at all times while hunting or transporting to-and-from the feeding stations.
• It is illegal to shoot cubs or a sow with cubs, so examine the situation completely.
• Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification.
• By law, all guns must have a trigger lock and be locked and in a transportation case within 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise
• If you want the best Black Bear hunting vacation, Green Wilderness Lodge is your best choice. Please contact us with any questions.
What To Bring Bear Hunting:
• Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
• Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
• Bath towels and washcloths
• Solid Hunter Orange hat and vest
• Previous hunting license CN or US
• Weapon of choice, gun, bow or crossbow
• Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
• Bug jacket and repellent
• Rain Gear
• Extra Footware/Gloves
• Flash lights (Batteries)
• Coolers & Freezer Bags for meat
• Hunting knife/sharpener
• Scentlock suit/Scent Killer
• Fishing rod and tackle
Important note: Handguns are not allowed in Canada!
Firearms Declaration Form ($25 - read below or download)
Bear Hunt License & Outdoor Card ($235.96 + $9.68) (Buy On-line)
Sport Fishing Licence ($52.41) (Buy On-line)
Conservation Fishing Licence ($29.97) (Buy On-line)
Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.
Regulations in Adobe PDF Format:
Ontario Black Bear Hunting Regulations
Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.
Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information
Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.